UDI Board Meeting Minutes, July 21, 2021
|Chris Marchand||Ben Young||Alex Halef||Joseph Daniel|
|David Graham||Rob Grant||Stephen Adams||Andrew Giles|
|Krissy Fry||Mark VanZeumeren||Farhang Fotovat|
Summary of Motions
- Motion to call the meeting to order. Moved by Ben Young, seconded by Andrew Giles.
- Motion to accept the agenda as presented in the July appendices. Moved Rob Grant. Seconded by Joseph Daniel. Motion carried.
- Motion to Accept July’s Financial Report. Moved by Joseph Daniel. Seconded by Rob Grant. Motion Carried.
- Motion to Accept two new members as presented: The Department of Transportation & Active Transit – Represented by Nick Willwerth, and LMNO Properties – Represented by Chandler Haliburton. Moved by Alex Halef. Seconded by Joseph Daniel. – Motion Carried
- Motion to Adjourn. Meeting Adjourned at 10:15 am. Moved by Alex Halef, seconded by Rob Grant.
Board Action Items
- Research some ways to satisfy the labour shortage (i.e., Federal Construction Labour – Immigrant Program). Asking members what their priority issues are to help pinpoint key issues in the industry.
- UDI to form Red Book Committee.
- All board members to review prospective members and add more prospects.
- Stephen to assess next year’s membership requirements (revenue)
- Provide the board with a current list of prospective members
- Stephen to contact Farhang Concerning Themes & Directions Report.
- Pick out a gift for Christine ($500.00 budget)
- Meeting Called to Order at 8:30
- Acceptance of the Agenda
The agenda was accepted as presented in the July Appendices.
- Motion: To accept the agenda as presented in the July appendices.
- Approval of Minutes
The Minutes of the June 23 Board meeting were approved as presented in the July appendices.
- Motion: To accept the June 23, 2021, Board meeting minutes as presented in the July Appendices.
- UDI Dashboard
The UDI Dashboard was included in the July appendices for reference. A membership list will be included in the UDI Dashboard. RDC Committee will be removed from the dashboard going forward. HRM Org chart to be added to future appendices.
- Review of outstanding Action ItemsStephen AdamsPermission granted to DCI. CompleteEric, Ben, Alex, and David have outlined UDI’s concerns to Eric Lucic concerning the Package B letter. UDI to lobby to council for a few changes. Distribute Letter to members.All Board Members
- Research some ways to satisfy the labour shortage (i.e., Federal Construction Labour – Immigrant Program). Asking members what their priority issues are will also help to pinpoint key issues in the industry.
- Committee Action Items
- All Board members with comments concerning eviction & rent control to send a note to Alex Halef – To be removed from future agendas.
- Committee Action Items
- Executive Directors Report
- Strategic Plan
Provide the board with a current list of prospective members. All board members to review and add more prospects.
- Appreciation Dinner for Christine
Board members only, as well as Peter Polley & Past Presidents. Dinner to be held at the Armdale Yacht club. Joseph to pick out a gift (watch, $500 budget)
- Community Council Updates
Met with and introduced UDI to all 4 Councils. Was received with good comments and feedback. Also met with the mayor, who does not endorse the new permitting process.
- Weekly meeting with CANS, roadbuilders, homebuilders and HRM
Haven’t met in the last couple weeks, though Stephen will continue to talk with Peter Duncan on a regular basis.
- Continuing Dialogue with Waye Mason
Dialogue with Waye Mason continues. Awaiting committee of the whole to convene proceed further.
- Dialogue with UDIs across Canada
UDI Calgary was unresponsive. Still looking to meet with UDI Edmonton.
- Complete Streets/Red book Update
Awaiting the Committee of the Whole (August or September). UDI has provided a list of recommendations to HRM, and no action has yet been taken. UDI to form Red Book Committee.
- 6-month review of Executive Director
Please send any suggestion to Chris
- Financial Report
- Review of the July 2021 Financial Statements
- Motion: To accept April’s financial report as presented in the agenda. Made by Joseph Daniel, seconded by Rob Grant
6.2 Compliance Certificate
The May compliance certificate was included in the May appendices.
- Membership/Program Committee
- Membership Report
Motion to Accept two new members as presented: The Department of Transportation & Active Transit – Represented by Nick Willwerth, and LMNO Properties – Represented by Chandler Haliburton. Moved by Alex Halef. Seconded by Joseph Daniel. – Motion Carried
- UDI Events
UDI Golf Tournament – Krissy and Committee are reaching out to people for registration and sponsorship of the event.
- Reporting Committee Updates
- Affordable Housing Committee
No Reports Given
- GIC & Infrastructure Charges Task Force
UDI is looking to provide the report to its members, but the NDI is prohibitive. Send a copy of the report to Alex Halef. Schedule a meeting to talk about the report with Kelly Denty and Peter Polley.
- Reporting External Committee Updates
No Reports Given
- Unfinished Business
Stephen noted that he received positive feedback from members about the April webinar. Farhang noted that Council has directed Staff to work on the Regional Plan. There will be a need for a UDI committee to be formed to review the reports. Farhang to review the Themes and Directions report just released and provide the summary to the board at the next meeting. Stephen to contact Farhang Concerning Themes & Directions Report.
- New Business
Discussion on Steven Higgins Replacement