|Chris Marchand||Rob Grant||Mark VanZeumeren||Joseph Daniel|
|David Graham||Krissy Fry||Alex Halef||Stephen Adams|
|Andrew Giles||Rob Norwood|
|Ben Young||Farhang Fotovat|
Summary of Motions
- To accept the agenda as presented in the June appendices. Moved by Joseph Daniel. Seconded by Krissy Fry. Motion carried.
- To accept the May 26 Board meeting minutes as presented in the June Appendices. Moved by Joseph Daniel. Seconded by Rob Grant. Motion carried.
- To Accept May’s Financial Report. Moved by Joseph Daniel. Seconded by Mark VanZeumeren. Motion Carried.
- Motion to Adjourn. Meeting Adjourned at 9:55. Moved by Joseph Daniel. Seconded by Mark VanZeumeren. Motion Carried
Board Action Items
- All Board Members:
- Please bring any recommendations for new members to Stephen.
- Please bring concerns you wish brought up with NS Homebuilders, Roadbuilders and CANS to Stephen to address at the weekly meeting.
- Stephen Adams:
- Support & Sign DCI Letter
- Arrange a meeting with Eric Lucic, Ben Young, David Graham and Alex Halef to summarize our concerns with the package B letter.
- Write a letter to HRM management staff to convey our concerns regarding package B letter.
1. Meeting called to order at 8:38 am
2. Acceptance of the Agenda
The agenda was accepted as presented.
- Motion: To accept the agenda as presented. Made by Rob Grant. Seconded by Krissy Fry. Motion carried.
3. Approval of the Minutes
The Minutes of the May 26 Board meeting were approved as presented in the June appendices.
- Motion: To accept the May 26, 2021 Board meeting minutes as presented in the June Appendices. Made by Joseph Daniel. Seconded by Rob Grant. Motion carried.
- UDI Dashboard
The UDI Dashboard was included in the June appendices for reference. – Restructuring Committee and Nominating Committee can be removed from the Dashboard, as well as crossed out items older than a month.
5. Executive Director’s Report
- UDI Strategic Plan – As per UDI’s strategic objectives, if the board has any recommendations for new members, please bring them to Stephen Adams.
- Community Council Meetings – The meeting with Harbour East & Marine Drive Community Council is scheduled for June 24. Northwest Community Council Presentation is scheduled for July. Awaiting confirmation from Halifax & West Community Council.
- UDI has decided to support and sign the letter from DCI. A meeting will also be arranged with Eric Lucic, Ben Young, David Graham and Alex Halef to summarize our concerns with the package B letter. Stephen Adams will also write a letter to HRM management staff to convey our concerns regarding package B.
- Weekly meetings are scheduled with Roadbuilders, Homebuilders and CANS every Thursday, in 30-minute sessions to discuss concerns. If the board has any concerns that they wish to be brought froward, please pass them along to Stephen.
5.5 Waye Mason will be bringing the issue about renewable energy to the Regional Community Council for further discussion.
- There was a virtual meeting with UDI Pacific last week. We are currently setting up a meeting with UDI Alberta, with the intention of setting up a national UDI network.
- Stephen would like to give weekly updates to the board, summarizing current developments.
- The board agrees the letter from Kelly Denty is dismissive. Stephen has requested separate meetings with Kelly Denty and Jacques Dube to further discuss the issue.
- Stephen would like to make monthly updates to Council Members with updates on affordable and accessible housing initiatives, as well as highlight UDI’s efforts to ensure our members remain compliant with HRM policy.
6. Financial Report
- Review of the May 2021 Financial Statements
Rob Norwood to review Member Dues VS Unearned Dues.
Motion: To accept May’s financial report as presented in the agenda. Made by Joseph Daniel, seconded by Mark VanZeumeren.
- Compliance Certificate
The May compliance certificate was included in the June appendices.
7. Membership/Program Committee
- UDI Events
- Golf Tournament
Scheduled for August 20 at Brunello Estates. Same sponsorship model as previous year. Finger foods are to be served at the reception. Previous sponsors are to be contacted to assess the desire to sponsor again this year.
8. Reporting Committee Updates
- Affordable Housing Committee – Alex Halef
While there are internal discussions at the commission, we are still waiting for Iain Rankins Government to process the report.
- Center plan Committee – Ben Young, Alex Halef
Currently working on initiatives discussed in Package B with Patrick Sullivan and the chamber of Commerce as it relates to the permitting fees. Currently awaiting the Chamber’s response with a strategy on how to go forward with permit fee issues.
- GIC & Infrastructure Charges Task Force – Krissy Fry, Andrew Giles Discussed in the meeting with Patrick Sullivan, as discussed in 8.2. Awaiting response from Patrick Sullivan.
- Halifax Water RDC Committee
To be removed from future Committee updates unless there are specific concerns to address.
9. Reporting External Committee Updates
No Updates Given
10. Unfinished Business
No Unfinished Business.
11. New Business
The meeting was adjourned at 9:55 am.
- Motion: To adjourn the meeting at 9:55 am. Made by Joseph Daniel. Seconded by Mark VanZeumeren. Motion carried.